GO BLUE: For Child Abuse Prevention Month
Friday, April 1st, wear blue to bring awareness to Child Abuse Prevention this April!
Three things you can do to help your children grow and keep them safe:
1. Take care of yourself so you can be there for them:
- Nurture caring, positive friendships. Ask for support when you need it.
- Practice self-care: take regular breaks during the day when you need them. Create time to relax and do something you enjoy.
2. Grow your knowledge of parenting and childhood development:
- Get to know a child’s developmental milestones at https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/milestones/index.html
- Help your child manage their feelings and relationships.
3. Help your children forge their self-esteem:
- Encourage them to take healthy risks: trying new things and going beyond their comfort zone.
- Set realistic goals and praise them often.
- Let them know every day your love is unconditional.