Copper River Gathering: Moving from Trauma to Healing
What: Copper River Native Association’s ICWA program is proud to invite you to the Copper River Healing Gathering “Moving from Trauma to Healing”, a transformative, educational, and fun event for our region.
The goal of the gathering is to come together and heal. Over the course of two days we will provide education and support for the community to better understand and address the way trauma impacts all of us. Topics included are the history of violence, sexual assault, historical and community trauma, childhood trauma, and more. The central focus is on learning about the various forms of harm in our communities, region, and state, and understanding how people cope with trauma and how we heal!
Healing Centered Practices We Will Focus On:
- Cultural Responsiveness: Develop ways to incorporate culture into our work and use cultural practices as prevention, resistance, resilience, & healing
- How we heal and the many pathways to health and well-being
- The science of addiction & the science of healing
- What are coping mechanisms and how they help us to stay alive and heal
- Power of community, relationships, culture, and hope
- An attitude of gratitude
- Food, humor and much more
Register by Clicking Here